| YOUR HOLIDAY STARTS FROM HERE
Bormio and the Alta Valtellina are a paradise for lovers of mountain biking. Immersed in the beautiful nature of the Stelvio National Park, you can choose among more than 372 miles (600 km) of trails of varying difficulty and beauty, cycling through the dense woods of pine and fir trees, crossing bridges over rivers, and riding alongside lakes and through high mountain alpine pastures. The only noise you will hear breaking the silence of nature, will be that of your mountain bike.
For the lovers of speed and adrenaline, the downhill tracks at the Bike Parks of Bormio and Le Motte await you. There you can embark at breakneck—but safe—speed, from the top of the mountain, along the marked tracks, to the village below.
Alta Valtellina Bike Marathon
From July 27 to July 30, 2017, will be exclusively dedicated to mountain biking, for the Alta Valtellina Bike Marathon —four days of mountain biking in the wonderful nature of the Stelvio National Park.
Starting with two days of Biking Adventure, on Saturday July 30th the Alta Valtellina Bike Marathon returns in grand style. Two routes will be available: the Marathon with 59 miles (95 km) and the Classic with 40.3 miles (65 km).
Mountain Bike rides not to be missed
Among all the mountain biking rides, here are a few particularly fascinating stages (adapted to be loop rides):
- Bormio – Campolungo – S. Antonio – Reit – Bormio
- Centro Fondo Biathlon – Oga – Valcepina – Bormio – S. Nicolò – Valle d’Uzza – Bormio – Le Motte – Centro Fondo Biathlon
- S. Antonio – Madonna of Monti – S. Gottardo – Plazzanecco – Bormio – Campolungo – Calvarana – S. Antonio
- Bormio 2000 – Calvarana – Bormio
- Zebrù Valley: Niblogo parking in Madonna dei Monti in Valfurva – Baita del Pastore – Niblogo parking
- Stelvio Pass – Forcola – Pedenolo – Boscopiano
- Piz Umbrail – IV Cantoniera Stelvio Pass – San Giacomo di Fraele
- Zebrù Pass: Pizzini mountain hut – Quinto Alpini mountain hut – Zebrù Valley – Niblogo parking