| YOUR HOLIDAY STARTS FROM HERE
Discovering the Valtellina and what’s nearby
The area of Bormio is rich enough in scenery and activities to please all tastes—from sports to cultural, plus nature, cuisine, history and local traditions. However, there are a few special places and activities in Bormio, the Valtellina, and nearby, that definitely deserve a visit.
In particular, in the Valtellina, we suggest among others, Livigno, Tirano, and Grosio, without forgetting the terraces that characterize the Rhaetian side of the valley. Outside of the province of Sondrio, and in a couple of cases outside of Italy, we suggest these real gems: Glorenza , “Il Trenino Rosso” (The Little Red Train), St. Moritz and the Neuschwanstein Castle.
Here is our advice on what you shouldn’t miss during your visit:
Outings not to be missed in the area surrounding Bormio
- Grosio and the Park of the Rupestrian Inscriptions
- The Neuschwanstein Castle
- The Adda river, rafting and canoeing
- The Sanctuary of the Madonna di Tirano
- The Red Bernina Train and St. Moritz
- The wine of Valtellina and the Road of the Terraces
- The Eco-Museum Bitto and the Fly Emotion
- The Val Venosta and Glorenza
- Livigno and the Larix Park