Are you in Bormio or are you planning your next holiday in our Magnificent Land? Let’s then answer some of your most frequent questions on what you can do once here!
| YOUR HOLIDAY STARTS FROM HERE
The mountain resort of Bormio is a particularly vast territory that boasts 670 sq km of nature and open spaces. Ranging from the Cancano valley, to the Cima Piazzi Glacier area, passing through Rezzalo, Forni, and the Val Zebrù valleys, and to the territory surrounding the famous climbs of the Stelvio and the Gavia, the possibilities to enjoy wide uncontaminated spaces while maintaining social distancing are practically unlimited.
From February 1st 2021, movement to and from Bormio and within the Ttalian region of Lombardy is allowed.
However, if you come from abroad, travelling rules vary depending on the country of origin or destination and the reasons for travelling.
For more information, check out the Italian Government page on travelling.
Ski lifts are closed until February 15th, 2021.
No, le terme sono momentaneamente chiuse al pubblico fino al 5 marzo 2021.
Sono però aperti i reparti di cure termali di Bormio Terme. Le terapie termali costituiscono un giustificato motivo di spostamento, anche da fuori Regione Lombardia, per ragioni di salute.
Our thermal spas are currently closed. However, the services below are regularly being provided:
- Bormio Terme: outpatient and curative services, beauty center and shop
- QC Terme Bagni Nuovi: beauty center
- QC Terme Bagni Vecchi: beauty center
There are many hotels and residencies that are open to welcome you! Click on the link to get a full list of the accomodations: https://booking.bormio.eu/bormio/it/accommodation/list
Restaurants and bars are also open from 5am to 6pm, as well as many mountain huts and refuges. Find out the full list here: Ristori e rifugi aperti inverno 2021
Yes, all the facilities and services are regularly open.
Yes, shops are regularly open.
Although ski lifts are temporarily closed, the mountain resort of Bormio , with its 670 sq km of nature, offers endless opportunities for outdoor activities and social distancing!
Bormio is the right place for those who want to learn the basis of this sport but also for those who are already experienced and want to train in a beautiful landscape.
Bormio: cross-country ring 4 km
S. Caterina Valfurva: cross-country ring from 5 km to 10 km and the tourist route with rings of 2, 3 and 5 km.
Valdidentro: cross-country ring 10 km
Walks in the snow
- In 670 sq km of territory, there are many trails and routes for relaxing walks in the snow! Call our tourist offices to get advice on the most suitable ones for you! Tel 0342 903300 [email protected]
- Download the map of the 9 classic routes to do with snowshoes: https://www.bormio.eu/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Ciaspole.pdf
- 70 ski mountaineering itineraries for all levels and difficulties: https://www.bormio.eu/scialpinismo
- or download the map of the most fascinating routes we have selected for you: https://www.bormio.eu/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Alpinismo.pdf
Excursions in the Stelvio National Park
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Stelvio National Park and live wonderful experiences in contact with nature accompanied by expert professional guides. Contact the Alpine Guides!
Ice climbing with the Alpine Guides
- Ice climbing is not reserved for a few athletes, quite the contrary. Although a certain physical and mental predisposition is required, thanks to the help of the Alpine Guides, whom we always recommend contacting before tackling a waterfall, you will be able to experience the thrill of climbing the ice in complete safety.
- Whether you are an expert in the world of horses, whether it is your first experience, riding on snowy paths, along the river or in silent woods, will be a unique and evocative way to be outdoors.
- Over 130,000 hectares of nature to experience and enjoy pedaling along the paths of the Stelvio National Park with your fatbike. Book your guided fatbike or fat e-bike excursion!
Outdoor ice skating
- The outdoor ice skating rink is the ideal place to do some outdoor activity and to spend moments of great fun with friends or family.
- Since ancient times, one of man’s dreams has been to fly. If you are ready for a breathtaking experience, a two-seater paraglider will fly you in the skies of Bormio in complete safety with a professional pilot.
- At the Italian Sleddog Husky Village Center you can experience the thrill of personally driving the sled with your Alaskan Husky wetsuit in the beautiful snowy scenery of the Stelvio Park.