| YOUR HOLIDAY STARTS FROM HERE
Among trenches, glaciers, lakes and spectacular landscapes, discover some excursions not to be missed.
Enjoy the nature of the Stelvio National Park
Over 600 km of trails of varying difficulty – perfect for all tastes – from families to expert mountaineers. Hiking alone, with just map and guidebook, or with a group led by an alpine guide, you can discover the most suggestive corners of the Stelvio National Park. Prepare your pair of climbing boots and a backpack: let’s go!
Our most recommended trails in Bormio for hiking
- Bormio – Pedemontana della Reit and Tour of Vallecetta
- Stilfserjoch – Filon of Mott and Tre Baracche (Three Huts)
- Sondalo – Val Rezzalo and Li Moregn
- Valdidentro – Panoramic Route of the Val Viola and Tour of the lakes of Cancano
- Valdisotto – Malga S. Colombano-Oga and Lake Campaccio
- Valfurva – Panoramic high glacier trail and the Val Zebrù
Alpine huts, mountain restaurants, holiday on a farm and alpine dairies
Simple cooking with decisive taste, inspired by the fragrances of the mountains, the possibility to sleep under the stars and the typical mountain hospitality: these are just some good reasons to spend an holiday in the heart of the Stelvio National Park.
An obligatory hike is to visit the alpine huts, the mountain restaurants, the alpine dairies and holiday on a farm where tasting the local dishes, such as pizzoccheri, sciatt, bresaola, cheeses, wild game and much more.
Hiking in Bormio: create your outings
The mountain community of Alta Valtellina offers a website service which permits to organize your outings within the territory of the Alta Valtellina in several ways:
- you may chose among the classic routes, as recommended by the system;
- you can create your own route through a guided process using the Creazione Guidata (Creation Wizard);
- you can create a route by choosing waypoints by clicking directly on the map using the “Percorso Fai da Te” (Do it yourself route);
- you can select from the Percorsi Preferiti (preferred routes)where previously created routes have been saved.
Using the website it is possible to calculate the route, obtain the complete roadbook, locate points of interest and tourist services in the territory traversed, view pictures and videos, and to download the data ready forloading into a GPS unit.