Mountain Passes Hours of Operation:
– Bernina: OPEN all year round
– Forcola: OPEN (closed during winter season) – transit prohibited to vehicles exceeding 18 tons of weight
– Foscagno: OPEN all year round
– Maloja: OPEN all year round
– Mortirolo: OPEN (closed during winter season)
– S. Marco: OPEN (closed during winter season)
– Stelvio: OPEN (closed during winter season) on the side of the Alto Adige: transit ban for vehicles with a length of more than 10.50 m. From the part of Bormio: prohibition of transit for vehicles with a height exceeding 3.30 m.
In the event of adverse weather conditions, the alpine passes are subject to temporary closure.
It is advisable to inquire before starting your trip.
- Polizia Stradale (Highway Police) Sondrio Tel. +39 0342 545011
- Carabinieri Bormio Tel. +39 0342 903700
- Office information Bormio Tel. +39 0342 903300
From October 15 to April 30, all motor vehicles on all the roads of the Valtellina are required to use winter (snow) tires or must carry snow chains.