Mountaineering excursion with e-bike approach to the glacier up to the Pizzini refuge, trekking from the Pizzini to the Casati refuge and traverse with harness and crampons on the Cevedale glacier up to the cannons of the First World War.
The summit of the 3 cannons represents one of the most significant sites of the White War (1915-17), the scene of violent clashes between the Alpini and Imperial troops. Starting from S. Caterina Valfurva by e-bike, we climb up the Forni valley and the Cedèc valley to reach the Pizzini refuge. From here on foot along a beautiful path to the Casati Refuge. Wearing harness and crampons you will cross the Cevedale glacier to reach the cannons and enjoy the wonderful view of the Ortles and all the other peaks of the group.
- Meeting point: 7:00 a.m. in Santa Caterina Valfurva - via Magliaga, 2 c/ MTB rental E-Motion
- Length: 5/6 hours (medium difficulty)
- Registration: by 6.00 p.m. on the previous day c/o Alpine Guides Bormio (Tel. +39 351 8895411 / firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tourist Offices in the area
- Cost: from 100,00 € per person
- The cost includes: Alpine Guide, e-bike rental and mountaineering equipment for glacier traverse
The cost does not include lunch (packed or at the mountain hut)