In collaboration with LIFE WolfAlps EU and ERSAF, the Stelvio National Park offers two evening hikes with Naturalista, in search of wolf tracks and the fauna of the Stelvio National Park. We will delve into the recognition of fauna tracks in the snow and hunt for traces of the most iconic carnivore of Alpine fauna, the wolf.
We ascend gently along the valley track, which is always well beaten even when there is snow. In the woods we will stop to observe the signs of the Park's fauna and learn more about the ecology of the wolf and the recent history of its presence in the Stelvio Park. Coming out of the forest we will have a wide view of the valley with possible fauna sightings at sunset.
The valley floor route.
Arrival at the refuge scheduled for 18.30 In-depth exchange moment on the wolf in the Park.
- Level of difficulty: Hiking
- Meeting point: 6.30 p.m. c/o Loc. Fontanaccia (entrance to Val di Rezzalo)
- Length: approx. 8 hours of walking in total
- Recommended equipment: Comfortable hiking backpack, layered clothing (with winter down jacket), winter gloves and cap, waterproof jacket (in the event of bad weather), ankle boots with lugged soles, water bottle, crampons, head torch
- Free excursion
- Optional dinner. Fixed menu at € 25.00 to be paid by the participant (please inform the accompanying person of any allergies/intolerances)
- Info and registration: email@example.com
- In case of unforeseen events, please contact the accompanying person Samuele Romagnoli: Tel. +39 348 9881622