The legendary Alpine passes of the Stelvio National Park and Valtellina will remain closed to motorised traffic and open just for bikers and hikers.
Super cycling events, no smog on the passes
The weekends chosen for the closure to motorised traffic coincide with some major events that traditionally represent a huge attraction for cycling enthusiasts.
Now in its 6th edition, was created with the aim of enhancing the great Alpine passes, offering visitors the opportunity to enjoy the legendary cycling climbs in complete freedom.
The event is free and open to everyone - there are no registrations and it is not competitive.
- Gavia Pass: Saturday 3 June
- Forcola Pass: Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 June
- San Marco Pass: Saturday 10 June
- Mortirolo Pass: Friday 16 June
- Climb to the Cancano Lakes: Saturday 17 June
- Stelvio Pass: Sunday 18 June
- Spluga Pass: Sunday 2 July
- Gavia Pass: Friday 14 July
- Mortirolo Pass: Saturday 15 July
- Climb to the Cancano Lakes: Friday 21 July
- Climb to the Cancano Lakes: Friday 1 September
- Stelvio Pass: Saturday 2 September (in concomitance with the 21st edition of the Scalata Cima Coppi) - road closed from Bormio, loc. Bagni Vecchi - from Trafoi (BZ) - from Santa Maria Val Mustair (CH)
- Gavia Pass: Sunday 3 September
- Climb to Campo Moro: Sunday 24 September