Ready to challenge the majesty the Stelvio on bike or by foot?
A classic for all Stelvio lovers
The Re Stelvio Mapei 2022 can be considered a classic. This year’s date is Sunday, July 10th!
The competition is unique in its kind: at the start there are runners and cyclists (both professional and non-professional) ready to challenge the legendary climb of the Stelvio (an altitude difference of 1.533 m) up to the so called “Coppi” peak with its 2.758 m.
You can choose among half marathon running event open to everyone, not competitive e-bike race and competitive bike race.
Considering the fame of the event and the big number of participants, the ascent from Bormio to the Stelvio Pass will be closed for motorized vehicles and completely dedicated to the event’s participants.
- 8.50 a.m. | half marathon (only open to members of FIDAL and promotional associations)
- 9.00 a.m. | running event open to all
- 9.10 a.m. | non-competitive e-bike ride with a dedicated start grid
- 9.15 a.m. | Re Stelvio-Mapei competitive cycle race - 37th edition (for FCI's and Italian National Cycling Commission' members only)
Start for the Women's Cycle Race
- 9.30 a.m. | Re Stelvio-Mapei competitive cycle race- 37th edition (for FCI's and Italian National Cycling Commission' members only)
Start for the Men's Cycle Race
- afterwards | "Aldo Sassi" Memorial Bike Ride (for all those interested, alongside champions of the former Mapei Professional Cycling Team and other sport VIPs) twinned with "Pedala con Aldo"
- 2.00 p.m. | timelimit for all participants
- 4.00 p.m. | prize-giving ceremony in Bormio Sport Centre (Via Manzoni, 22)
Free training programme for runners and cyclists on the website: www.mapeisport.it/en/