A dream come true: the great mountain passes open for bikes only!
In Bormio (SO) the summer 2018 achieves the hopes of cycling enthusiasts. For three weekends the legendary mountain passes of the Stelvio National Park will remain closed to motor traffic.
This venture led by the Park was created with the goal to add value to the great mountain passes, giving visitors the chance to enjoy the mythical cycling climbs in full freedom.
3 super cycling events, no smog on the passes
The weekends selected for the closing to motor traffic match with three great cycling events:
The project, named Enjoy Stelvio Park (enjoystelviopark.it), will include also several events whose objective is to promote the environment, the farming business and tourism products within the Stelvio National Park.
Mountain passes open for bikes only: 2018 summer calendar
If you are a cyclist, you can’t miss out! On the days listed here below the mountain passes will be free from motor traffic.
- Re Stelvio Mapei – Sunday 8 July
- Gavia Pass: Friday 6 July from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Climb to Cancano lakes: Friday 6 July from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Mortirolo Pass: Saturday 7 July from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Alta Valtellina Bike Marathon – Saturday 28 July
- Mortirolo Pass: Friday 27 July from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Gavia Pass: Sunday 29 July from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Stelvio Bike Day – Saturday 1 September
- Mortirolo Pass: Friday 31 August from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Climb to Cancano lakes: Friday 31 August from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Stelvio Pass: Saturday 1 September from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Gavia Pass: Sunday 2 July from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm