| YOUR HOLIDAY STARTS FROM HERE
On the occasion of the Audi Ski World Cup, Bormio comes alive and is ready to welcome the World Cup athletes with moments of celebration.
Here are the events organized in town:
Wednesday, December 27th
- 18:00 | parade, autographs with Italian team champions
At 18:00 From Piazzetta S.Vitale the Bormiese Filarmonica will open the parade along Via Roma with the sports groups of Bormio, the ski instructors and future champions of the ski clubs that will parade with the traditional skiers, equipped with equipment and oldi skis. To close the parade, the flags of the athletes in the race. Along the parade route, enjoy the spots with mulled wine and hot tea to warm up and toast the World Cup.
- following | draw of the bib numbers – Cavour Square
An unmissable event to see up close the jet men of the white circuit who will challenge the legendary Stelvio track on Thursday, December 28th!
- at the end | The Alpine Guides will wish everyone a Happy New Year with a spectacular descent from delle Ore Tower.
Thursday, December 28th
- 11:00 am – 3:00 pm| Live music – Ski Stadium
- 17:00 | Vitalini Speed Contest – Ski Stadium
- 17:00 | Mulled wine championship – a challenge to the last glass! – Piazza Cavour and Historical Center
- 17: 00-19: 00 | Performances by street artists and musicians
- 19.00 | awarding of the winners in Piazza Cavour / Kuerc.Groups and local associations challenge each other in the preparation of the best mulled wine of Bormio. Different locations will be set up in the heart of the historic center, with braziers and crackling stumps, where the drink that warms our winters will be distributed. All accompanied by appetizers and sweets.
A highly selected jury, composed of 1 representative for each Tourist Office – Bormio, Valdisotto, Valfurva, Valdidentro, Sondalo – and representatives of some Fans Clubs, will evaluate different parameters: taste the wines and judge the groups in the race; the recipe of mulled wine will certainly be important but will also count clothing, setting up the post, imagination and, above all, a lot of sympathy!
As a corollary of the Championship, there will be some traveling shows with the Bending Road street artists and Baghet Band Bergamo bagpipers as well as the performance of the Vocal Group of Li Osc ‘at the Church of S. Spirito.
Speaker of the event, Fausto Molinari in the square of Kuerc.
Mulled Wine challengers:
- S. Vitale Square – I Missili
- Creval Square (Via Roma)- Gruppo Alpini di Semogo
- Torre Alberti Square (Via Roma) – Gruppo Alpini Bormio
- Martino Anzi Square (Via Roma) – Gioventù S. Caterina Valfurva
- Morcelli Street – Apt Sondalo Tria Lilia in collaborazione con gli Sgangherati Associazione Giovani Frontale
- Cavour/Kuerc Square – Associazione I Reparti e Gioventù Bormio