The Munt La Schera tunnel connect Switzerland and Livigno; it is the perfect solution during the winter season, because of the seasonal closing of many Alpine passes in this time.
Alternate one-way transit (maximum height 3.60 meters – maximum width 2.50 meters)
The tunnel is open all year round with toll: to buy the ticket online, click here.
Please note: the online sale of the tickets, for one way or round trip, is limited on cars up to 9 seats. Tickets for all the other categories must be purchased at the collection point Punt dal Gall. At the collection you have to show the online ticket, you can either print it or show it on your smartphone or tablet.
Bike Shuttle service (from June 1 to September 17)
Terms and conditions:
- Euros or Swiss Francs are accepted;
- credit card payments are acceptable;
- a valid document is required for travel abroad (identity card or passport);
- Engadiner Kraftwerke AG Zernez (CH) – tel +41 (0) 818514311 – firstname.lastname@example.org;
- La Drossa Customs (CH) – tel: +41 (0) 818561888
Please note: from October 15 to April 30, all motor vehicles on all the roads of the Valtellina are required to use winter (snow) tires or must carry snow chains.